Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dream Boundaries - colour final

What we know of the world we discover through the senses.

In contrast, we have been encouraged to distrust dreams as products of fantasy, made up, "only your imagination" - and yet they tell us, importantly, what we think, what we believe, what we trust regarding what our senses tell us.

When we balance what we see, hear, taste, touch and smell with what we feel, believe and value about these, then the world of the real, the possible, truly opens up around us.

3 comments:

  1. hi, thanks for your words. Well, I liked the previous versions as well, but this last one is probably most dreamy !


    BTW that particular drawing I made some time ago was just in response to dreaming. I have also an other one which is "exact" copy of my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi a.i.j.: I was wishing, afterward, that I had just added a touch of skin colour and left it at that.

    Well, on to the next.

    After your words, I'm considering a series of dream paintings. Hmmm... stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three versions. In this one, I love the burst of color, just below the surface of the water - very dreamlike! Looking forward to seeing your series of dream paintings =)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by. I love to hear your thoughts. Drop me a line! Hurrah! Aino